FairWarning 3.1 Patient Privacy Intelligence provides McKesson users best practices, technology and processes for compliance and better patient care outcomes.
CLEARWATER, FL – September 10, 2012 – FairWarning, Inc., the inventor and world’s leading supplier of Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions for electronic health records (EHRs), today announced that it has been invited to participate in Insight 2012, September 11-14, 2012 in Anaheim, CA the annual conference for the largest independent user group of McKesson customers. FairWarning® will present an educational session entitled “How Privacy Concerns are Affecting Patient Outcomes and Auditing Strategies Necessary for Privacy & Compliance in Today’s Healthcare Environment” taking place on Thursday, September 13 at 9:15 AM. FairWarning® will be at booth #400 throughout the event.
At Insight 2012, McKesson users will have the opportunity to learn how FairWarning® 3.1 Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions help them meet regulatory compliance, implement best practices and improve patient care outcomes, and to schedule a tailored, 30-minute demonstration of how FairWarning® 3.1 enables patient privacy monitoring activities specifically for McKesson users. By securing patient privacy, care providers and compliance professionals:
- protect their organizations’ reputations
- earn their patients’ trust and loyalty, ensuring the best care outcomes
- continue the uninterrupted growth of their Electronic Health Records
- confidently connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates
- protect against identity theft, fraud and other crimes that compromise patient confidentiality, and
- comply with privacy regulations and protect against legal action
“FairWarning® really stood out as the only product that could assist with the challenges we were facing,” said Chris Schmidt, Network Security Systems Engineer at Health First. “Before, we had to contact four, five or six people to provide the data. Now, we can just provide a FairWarning® report that covers it all.” Health First uses McKesson as their primary EHR and is comprised of four not-for-profit hospitals and twelve clinics throughout Brevard County, serving Florida’s Space Coast.
McKesson users can benefit from FairWarning® 3.1 Patient Privacy Monitoring with the ability to:
- centrally track and share all privacy investigations, including those related to misuse of access to EHRs as well as other investigations such as stolen laptops, paper records or misplaced USB drives, and add attachments and external evidence
- easily extract data from McKesson applications for healthcare, which are certified in the FairWarning® Ready for Healthcare Applications program, a comprehensive industry initiative designed to reduce the cost of regulatory privacy compliance by standardizing data handling for patient privacy auditing across an unprecedented range of healthcare applications
“This is our sixth consecutive year at Insight, and FairWarning® is pleased to again be a part of the event and to support McKesson users with FairWarning®’s 3.1 Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions. Through our work with McKesson and our joint customers, we are able help our customers put in place patient privacy monitoring as a fundamental business control, both as a way to increase patient confidence and to meet compliance with mounting healthcare privacy and security regulations,” said Shane Whitlatch, Executive Vice President Global Alliances and Sales Operations for FairWarning®.
FairWarning® Patient Privacy Intelligence solutions provide care providers of all sizes a comprehensive platform for performing access reports, enforcing access policies, conducting legal investigations, and improving compliance effectiveness. FairWarning®’s 3rd generation Patient Privacy Intelligence platform was developed in cooperation with customers representing 900 hospitals and 3,000 clinics and enables collaboration towards a culture of privacy and security.
For more about FairWarning® Patient Privacy Intelligence solutions, please visit www.FairWarning.com.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® invented and is the global leader in Patient Privacy Intelligence solutions which guard against abuse of patient information in Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) enabling care providers to confidently connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates. FairWarning® Patient Privacy Intelligence solutions are compatible with every major EHR and 185 applications used in healthcare including Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens, and many others. Customers consider FairWarning® solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, EU Data Protection, UK Freedom of Information Act, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, Massachusetts 201 CMR 17.00 and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning®, please visit http://www.fairwarning.com/ or email Solutions@FairWarning.com.