ARRA / HITECH HIPAA provisions, FTC Red Flags, state laws and patient privacy concerns drive customer adoption of FairWarning privacy monitoring
FairWarning® Q1 2009 customer adoption highlights:
- FairWarning® solutions now protect patient privacy in nearly 200 hospitals and over 600 clinics. This is an increase of 122 % since October 1, 2008. The company’s production customers range in size from 1,000 employees to over 50,000 employees
- Forty-five percent of FairWarning®’s customers are ranked in 100 Most Wired, Verispan 100 or U.S. News Top 20 U.S. Hospitals
- FairWarning® now has out-of-the-box auditing support for over seventy-five (75) healthcare applications. The company started 2009 with sixty (60) applications supported out-of-the-box and expects to reach one-hundred (100) out-of-the-box supported applications during 2009
- FairWarning® now has over one-hundred (100) privacy scenarios built into its privacy monitoring solutions
- The company was selected by its first major Canadian customer driven by PIPEDA and provincial health privacy legislation
- The company’s solutions now address core portions of HIPAA, ARRA-HITECH HIPAA, FTC Red Flags Rule, PIPEDA, UK Internet Governance Toolkit Sequences, California SB 541 & AB 211 as well as additional U.S. state laws
- The company now has major production customer deployments across all regions of North America, auditing healthcare applications from: Allscripts, Cerner, Eclipsys, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Misys, Siemens
- FairWarning®’s webinar titled “New Privacy, HIPAA and Security Considerations in ARRA / HITECH” held on March 9th, 2009 was attended live by 400 healthcare organizations and has been downloaded over 15,000 times – http://www.fairwarningaudit.com/documents/2009-ARRA-HIPAA-CDT- pdf
As a result of customer adoption and satisfaction, FairWarning® experienced on-going financial growth in Q1 2009:
- Q1 2009 Revenue growth of 191 % compared to Q1 2008
- Record profitability in Q1 2009
- The company exceeded its revenue and profit expectations by 20 % for Q1 2009
Legal risks from patient privacy incidents, rapidly increasing healthcare regulatory oversight both domestically and abroad, a broad range of reference-able customers, and FairWarning®’s rapid- to-deploy, best-of-class solution are all key factors driving privacy monitoring and customer adoption.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® is the world’s leading supplier of cross-platform healthcare privacy auditing solutions for Electronic Health Records. FairWarning® proactively protects healthcare organizations from emerging legal and privacy threats which include medical identity theft, identity theft, and other forms of healthcare information crimes. FairWarning is industry’s leading best practice solution for automating privacy auditing. The company is located in St. Petersburg, FL, to learn more, visit www.FairWarningAudit.com or call U.S. 727 576 6700.