FairWarning is hiring an Information Security Analyst to provide service that enables customers to protect and secure sensitive and private data.
Here’s more about our customer base:
- Offerings available to sell include enterprise SaaS, Managed Privacy Services, cloud-based application interfaces, professional services, certification training packages, and multi-year renewals
- Global customer base from Australia, United Kingdom, Scotland, Norway, Canada and the United States
- 40% of the US-based healthcare market with the largest and most complex care providers, including 38% of academic medical centers, 50% of Becker’s Top 54 largest health systems, and 53% of Most Wired health systems
- Cloud Security customers represent $550 billion in assets under management within Financial Services, Wealth Management, Banks, legal, and entertainment industries
- 96% customer retention rate over the last 36-months
- 55% year-over-year revenue growth from existing customer base
- 106% year-over-year growth of Managed Privacy Service offering with existing customer base
- Organization and promotion of customer events including User Groups, educational webinars, and sponsored industry events
Description of Role
The Information Security Analyst is a high-level technical expert in the security domain and will work with the BISO, Information Security Engineer, and Information Technology (IT) management and staff to set and monitor security standards, best practices, and systems necessary to ensure the protection and confidentiality of informational assets. The Information Security Analyst will assist in performing overall risk assessments of the organization that will meet the requirements of governance standards and frameworks such as the HIPAA Security Rule, ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, and GDPR. The risk assessments identify opportunities to enhance FairWarning’s security posture and secure the business. There are additional support tasks surrounding Threat Management, and Identity and Access Management.
- Great Listener. A successful candidate actively listens to internal & external customers to properly understand their problem statement and steps to reproduce an issue.
- Team Player. A successful candidate will develop excellent working relationships with our Managed Privacy Services, Implementation, & Customer Success Managers to ensure all service & support are issues are fully troubleshot to resolution.
- Problem Solver. A successful candidate can quickly and clearly identify issues impacting the value customers are experiencing from their solution and determine the next steps to resolve it
- Communication. A successful candidate can speak and write professionally to be clearly understood and explain technical issues to non-technical individuals.
- Customer-Centric. A successful candidate resolves issues with customers by listening to their problems and finding reliable solutions that fix the root cause of the issue, not just the symptom.
Successful candidates have the following background:
- 4-year college degree in IT with a minimum of 2 years of related security experience.
- Or an Associate’s Degree in IT with a minimum of 4 years of related security experience.
- Knowledge of Endpoint security, SIEM, perimeter security, behavioral analysis tools, network and system forensics tools.
- Experience with basic security principles such as confidentiality, authentication, access control and privacy; security vulnerabilities; physical security issues; protocol design flaws; malicious code; implementation flaws; configuration weaknesses and user errors or indifference.
- Experience with vulnerability management and incident response.
- Demonstration of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Strong attention to detail and a high sense of
- Understanding of and the ability to use security tools and practices is preferred.
One or more of the following certifications or willingness to obtain within 12 months of hire
- CompTIA Security + – Required
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- GIAC Certifications in Cyber Defense or Incident Response and Forensics
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Outstanding listening and discovery skills
- Strong self-starter and able to work independently to resolve highly technical issues
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment, to manage multiple issues/projects simultaneously, while providing quick responses and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic technical concepts and customer environments
- Creative problem solver with the ability to address issues quickly and effectively
- Committed to being an active team member who is committed to personal and professional development by participating in formal training.
- Desires coaching, training, and understanding of best practices for customer success
- Both team player who buys into FairWarning Values and the “FairWarning Way”, as well as individual contributor