FairWarning® is looking for a Jr. IT Specialist to join our award-winning team. This team member will be responsible for supporting FairWarning staff by enabling them to support customers seamlessly. As a Jr. IT Specialist you will interface with FairWarning team members and customers daily to efficiently and effectively resolve technical issues they encounter as well as interface with customers on Infrastructure related cases. You will keep the business running by providing the highest level of IT support.
Description of Role
In this role you will be able to make valuable contributions to the FairWarning IT team. The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Great Listener. A successful candidate actively listens to customers through daily communication to collect feedback about their experience, usage, and solution ideas
- Team Player. A successful candidate will develop excellent working relationships with Solution Specialists, Implementation Managers, and other FairWarning team members to ensure a superior onboarding and ongoing experience for customers to achieve their program goals and optimize their investments with FairWarning
- Problem Solver. A successful candidate can quickly and clearly identify issues impacting the value customers are experiencing from their solution and determine the next steps to resolve it.
- Communication. A successful candidate can speak and write professionally to be clearly understood and positively influence team members to assist the customer
- Customer-Centric. A successful candidate focuses on making their customers successful by listening and discovering their business goals, proactively identify and resolve challenges, and promoting FairWarning’s solutions and services throughout the entire relationship they have with the customer
Background and Desired Skills
- Strong, customer and team focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical parties
- BS degree and/or 1-2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Desktop Admin experience
- 1+ year Office 365/Windows desktop support
- Encryption and endpoint protection
- Installation, modification, and repair of computer hardware and software
- Resolution of technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), printers, desktops and other systems
- Connecting users to networks and providing initial training in facilities and application.
- Performing moves, adds, deletes and other changes for phone users. Provides phone support and training to new users and solving miscellaneous phone problems, or enlists outside vendor
- Working experience with network configuration and troubleshooting including but not limited to DHCP, LAN, WAN, DNS, IP routing
- Asset Management and tracking
- Firewall/VPN troubleshooting (a plus)
- Linux Experience (a plus)
- Industry Certifications (a plus)
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- High level of time management skills. Always on time and professional.
- Great communication (written and verbal).
- Committed to being an active team member who is committed to personal and professional development by participating in formal technical training, product training, cloud security training, and leadership training
- Will be both a team player who buys into FairWarning Values and the “FairWarning Way”, as well as an individual contributor
Additional Information About FairWarning and the Opportunity
- FairWarning has a proven track record of developing, selling and servicing patented, market-leading product and service offerings
- FairWarning has been voted a Top Workplace for six (6) consecutive years
- Proven, stable and profitable for ten consecutive years
- Successfully executing on unique & differentiated vision of radically simplifying cloud security
- Multiple patents and trademarks on FairWarning product technology
- Multi-billion dollar growth market for FairWarning’s cloud security offering