FairWarning Service and Customer Success
FairWarning has had dramatic growth in recent years and 2015 will be our biggest year ever.
Growth can be a big challenge or a fantastic opportunity for customer service. As the CEO and Founder of FairWarning I view growth as an exciting opportunity to invest more than ever in proactive services and customer programs that provide a blueprint and pathways to customer successes. Further, our growth empowers FairWarning to double down on product investments that generate value for our customers.
FairWarning is in the midst of expanding existing customer programs as well as introducing brand new ones. We have a lot of work left to do, but the great news is we have invested in for years so the results are continuing to show and we will continue those investments into the future:
- FairWarning as a Service – We are nearly complete in upgrading all of our legacy customers to the newest version of our platform which is Cloud-based and can be updated instantly with our latest versions. This means all the great product work the FairWarning team delivers can be put to use in customer environments faster than every before. We performed all of the upgrades of our legacy customers at no-charge because we felt it was the right thing to do. This was a multi-year effort and I never had calculated exactly the upgrade expense to FairWarning, but I am super excited we will be able to serve customer faster and better than ever before
- Customer Success Managers (CSMs) – In 2015, our service goals start with “picking up the phone every time a customer calls” during business hours of the markets that we serve. Our CSMs are leading this charge and work with FairWarning customers to maximize the value they receive from their existing investments in our products and services. CSMs are the business quarterback for our customers to review their progress and get engaged in our customer programs. Further, we are committed to making sure customers can reach us 365x24x7 as patient privacy monitoring has become a vital part of healthcare operations. Every CSM is located at our headquarters in Clearwater, FL and in fact they are a few steps away from my office, which is always open
- Proactive Service Monitoring – Our service monitoring programs are designed to identify potential problems while they are small. The service team that uses our internal monitoring tools make adjustments internally or they reach out to customers to coordinate on issues such as a file formats that may have changed but FairWarning was not notified. Proactive Service Monitoring has been years in the making, and FairWarning has invested millions of dollars in technology, business processes and personnel to make this a reality. We are not perfect yet, but we are deeply committed to proactively managing service and we think the industry’s “break – fix” model should be a thing of the past. With well over 300 enterprise customers all over the world and growing fast, proactive service is FairWarning’s mantra, it has to be with over 250 Billion rows of audit data under management
- FairWarning Product Investments – Delivering new value to our customers is amongst the most exciting aspect of my job. At FairWarning we have a very busy 2015 and are in process of rolling out Visualization, Statistics, Trending and Advanced Threat Detection to our customers. We are working with external threats vendors like FireEye to better coordinate our responses to advanced attacks, register for our joint webinar if you have an interest. We have also introduced Identity Intelligence to a select set of about 20 customers who asked for special assistance in getting a handle on what users have access to applications in their enterprises, and identify users our customers’ information security team does not know about. During 2015 we will be using our new Identity Intelligence offering as an underpinning in every new customer deployment.
- FairWarning for Salesforce – In late 2014 we introduced FairWarning for Salesforce for customers who are storing Protected Health Information in Salesforce and want to comply with regulations as well as safeguard PHI. The reviews are coming in from FairWarning customers on the Salesforce AppExchange, and I am proud to say they are amazingly positive
- Information Security and Compliance – With customers representing 7,400 facilities around the world counting on us, information security has been front and center at FairWarning for years. It is true FairWarning is subject to HIPAA and other industry regulations, and we are continually evaluating our compliance posture, but I think the actual security of our enterprise is more important. With continual emerging threats we will continue to invest aggressively. Our SOC 2 Phase I has begun and we will follow through into 2016 and beyond
- FairWarning Ready for Healthcare – Since 2010 FairWarning has operated FairWarning Ready for Healthcare. This program assists Electronic Health Record and application manufacturers in enabling best-practice auditing for the healthcare market-place. This is an industry initiative that FairWarning operates at our expense so that healthcare providers can get “audit logs” fast, cheaper and more consistently than ever. FairWarning Ready has been wildly successful and is a big reason FairWarning has been able to reduce the overall expense of Patient Privacy Monitoring while greatly accelerating the speed of our customer deployments. Our latest FairWarning Ready Certified solutions are with athenahealth and eClinicalWorks and we now have over 300 distinct applications in production with customers
- FairWarning Ready Engage – This is another no-charge program for our customers and is designed to keep them up to date on the very latest with privacy, compliance and FairWarning, or on getting access to basic product training. FairWarning Ready Engage are on-line sessions with expert speakers and trainers that are easy to attend, and recorded so that if a customer misses the live session they can watch it at their leisure later
- FairWarning Ready Certified Training – Three times a year we hold training session here in Clearwater, Florida and these training sessions sell out. We have now formally trained and certified over 270 privacy & compliance professionals from around the world. This means our customers have professionals on staff that are FairWarning experts, it also means there is a rich market place for our customers to hire FairWarning Certified Professionals which gives them a big advantage in productivity with our platform
Every single team member at FairWarning would be the first to say that I realize FairWarning is not perfect yet in the area of customer service, but they will also tell you that for years I have aggressively invested in customer service and programs, and we are more confident than ever FairWarning will fulfill on our mission of providing an amazing customer experience every time. My view is we have the opportunity to change the lives of our customers and the lives of their patients for the better, and I won’t rest until we fulfill the opportunity.