Provides Automation of HIPAA Omnibus Risk Assessment and Notification Requirements.
CLEARWATER, FL – March 20, 2013 – FairWarning, Inc., the inventor and world’s leading supplier of Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions for Electronic Health Records (EHRs), today announced general availability of FairWarning® Version 3.1.5, the latest release of its patient privacy monitoring solution, with enhancements that enable privacy monitoring and regulatory reporting for the HIPAA Omnibus Rule risk assessment and notification requirements. As compliance officers mobilize to help their privacy teams understand and address the HIPAA Final Omnibus Rule on Privacy Breach Notification, FairWarning® delivers fully automated, key capabilities to help accelerate alignment of healthcare providers with HIPAA mandates.
Automation of HIPAA Omnibus Risk Assessment and Notification
FairWarning® 3.1.5 directs compliance and privacy teams away from reactive preparation of Office for Civil Rights (OCR) audits and patient investigations to a proactive state of actionable, automated monitoring of all key elements of breach detection, investigation and compliance reporting.
Reporting & Notification Capabilities:
- New investigation capabilities to match final HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- Step-by-step HIPAA Omnibus risk assessment according to the published rule by OCR
- Library of risk assessment forms based on industry best practices and developed in conjunction with FairWarning® customers
- New notification capabilities specific to privacy breach rules including:
- Need to report the incident
- How the incident was reported
- Occurrence of notification
- Handling of the notification
With a focus on increasing the accuracy of monitoring and easing the integration of identity information, FairWarning® Version 3.1.5 activates identity-aware features to:
Drive Identity-Aware Privacy Analytics, Filtering, and Workflows
- Auto populate identity-aware context such as user and location information (user, department, manager, address, workstation) into FairWarning® for advanced privacy monitoring
Leverage your Enterprise Identity Management for Authentication, Authorization and User Management
- Provision FairWarning® users using Microsoft® Active Directory® administration
- Authenticate, authorize and fully manage FairWarning® privacy analyst and compliance officer user roles
“With the latest release of FairWarning® Version 3.1.5, compliance officers and their privacy teams gain daily transparency of privacy risk through detailed dashboard views that map down to specific HIPAA requirements and associated prioritized actions,” said Chris Arnold, Vice President of Product Management, FairWarning®. “Furthermore, adding identity context allows our customers to gain more insightful analytics, filtering, and workflows.”
In addition to the above newly available features, more information on the full benefits of the FairWarning® 3.1.5 Patient Privacy Intelligence solution can be found by visiting www.fairwarning.com.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® is the inventor and global leader in software solutions which monitor and protect patient privacy in electronic health records, enabling healthcare providers and health information exchanges to confidentially connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates. FairWarning®’s privacy auditing solutions are compatible with healthcare applications from every major vendor, and available as either on-premise or software-as-a-service, with managed services available to complement existing resources. Customers consider FairWarning® privacy auditing solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, EU Data Protection, UK Freedom of Information Act, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information, visit https://www.fairwarning.com or email Solutions@FairWarning.com.