FairWarning, Inc., the inventor and world’s leading supplier of privacy breach detection solutions for Electronic Health Records (EHRs), today announced its next generation solution is generally available. FairWarning 3.1 provides privacy and compliance professionals with an easy to use portal which includes graphical dashboards for tracking privacy monitoring trends and compliance effectiveness as well as providing a central portal for enforcing EHR access policies, potential privacy incident alerts and investigations.
“FairWarning® has set itself apart as the gold standard in patient privacy monitoring. FairWarning® 3.1 allows care providers to centralize auditing and investigations in a single patient privacy portal, managing patient privacy investigations, tracking resolution, and providing powerful privacy trending data for ongoing process improvement. The FairWarning® team has done a great job in incorporating customer feedback, making the product even more effective. We are excited to be a part of the 3.1 launch,” said Alison Shea, Privacy Officer at the Capital District Health Authority, using FairWarning® under a province- wide agreement with Health Information Technology Services – Nova Scotia.
“There is a pressing need for healthcare providers to put in place patient privacy monitoring as a fundamental business control, both as a way to increase patient confidence in the system and in response to the federal government’s more aggressive enforcement of the healthcare privacy and security regulations,” said Barry Runyon, Gartner Analyst.
Fueled by increased global government enforcement of patient privacy laws, FairWarning® recently announced record customer growth in the first half of 2012 and now has over 175 enterprise customers representing 900 hospitals and 3,000 clinics across 43 of the United States and seven (7) countries. In the United States, the Health and Human Services’ Office of Civil Rights recently announced ongoing enforcement of HIPAA through wide-scale audits into 2013.
In addition to current features and benefits, FairWarning® 3.1 has been greatly expanded to include:
Privacy Monitoring, Compliance, Reporting, and Investigations
- Enterprise-level dashboards of privacy monitoring trends, enforced policies, current alerts, current investigations, recent reports, watch lists and enterprise privacy updates
- Pre-built as well as point-and-click custom reports applicable across all audit sources
- Pre-built as well as point-and-click custom analytics applicable across all audit sources
- Create and share custom ad-hoc reports and analytics for any or all audit sources
- Dynamic preview of filtered reports and privacy analytics
- Create investigations from privacy alerts on a user-by-user or patient-by-patient basis
- Attach specific audit log entries, privacy reports and external documents to investigations
- Governance and compliance effectiveness reporting for “Audit Controls and Systems Activity Review” at both executive and operational levels
Security, Work-flow and Collaboration
- Delegate privacy reviews and investigations by region, application or department through fine grained role based access control
- Share and collaborate on investigations with other care provider personnel
- Share and collaborate through privacy reports and analytics
Compatibility with EHRs, Healthcare Applications and Enterprise Security
- FairWarning® Ready Certified Application support for major electronic health record and application vendors including Allscripts, dbMotion, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Streamline
- Proven production support for over 180 healthcare applications from Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens and others
- Instant compatibility with FairWarning® Ready for Enterprise Security partners including EMC RSA, HP Arcsight, IBM Q1 Labs, LogRhythm, McAfee Nitro Security, NetForensics, Novel and Symantec
- Instant compatibility with FairWarning® Ready for Compliance & Reporting partners including CompliancePro, ID Experts and Wolters Kluwer
Benefits of FairWarning® 3.1 Patient Privacy Monitoring
- Gold standard solution for enterprise compliance with HIPAA Audit Controls and Information Systems Activity Review as well as for the detection and prevention of privacy breaches as defined under ARRA HITECH.
- Gold standard solution for enterprise compliance with state privacy laws applicable to care providers such as California SB 541, California AB 211, Texas House Bill 300 and Massachusetts 201 CMR
- Addresses audit log management requirements as defined in Meaningful Use Stages 1 and 2 by creating a forensically sound, tamper-proof repository for audit logs from systems that access electronic protected health information (ePHI)
- Safeguards care providers’ reputations through best practice patient privacy monitoring enabling care providers to confidently connect physicians, clinics, patients, affiliates and health information exchanges
- Avoid the significant financial and reputational damages associated with non-compliance and privacy breaches associated with misuse of access to electronic patient information
- Unparalleled compatibility with major Electronic Health Record vendors results in streamlined deployment of patient privacy monitoring which reduces investment and shortens window required to reach compliance for “Audit Controls and Systems Activity Review”
- High return on investment through the replacement of time consuming manual review processes as well as avoidance of financial damages associated with patient privacy breaches and/or a failed compliance audit
Implementation and Training
- Project management support with proven deployment methodology
- FairWarning® Implementation Toolkit with best practices for gaining organizational buy-in, project planning, and conducting a privacy auditing plan
- Point-and-click templates for adding patient privacy analytics
- Point-and-click templates for adding audit log sources
- Point-and-click templates for adding authoritative user data for filtering
- Point-and-click templates for adding additional patient data for filtering and analytics
- End-to-end application audit log file management for Meaningful Use Stages 1 and 2
- Instructor lead online training
- Optional FairWarning® Ready Master Professional Certification training
Current FairWarning® customers may upgrade to version 3.1 at no charge. Moreover, there will be no retail price increase for new customers who purchase FairWarning® Privacy Breach Detection prior to year-end 2012.
For more about FairWarning® Privacy Breach Detection solutions, please visit www.fairwarning.com.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® is the inventor and global leader in appliance-based software solutions which monitor and protect patient privacy in electronic health records enabling healthcare providers and health information exchanges to confidentially connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates. FairWarning®’s turnkey privacy auditing solutions are compatible with healthcare applications from every major vendor including Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens, and many others. Customers consider FairWarning® privacy auditing solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, EU Data Protection, UK Freedom of Information Act, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, Massachusetts CMR 201 and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning®, please visit https://www.fairwarning.com or email Solutions@FairWarning.com.