Industry awards, cloud service offerings and commitment to innovation power new investments in customers, employee careers and community.
CLEARWATER, FL – April 3, 2014 – FairWarning, Inc., the inventor and KLAS Category Leader in Patient Privacy Monitoring1, today announced company-wide expansion plans that include: the launch of new products in 2014; completion of 13,500 square feet of new office space and training facilities; as well as continued aggressive hiring and training of FairWarning® team members to better serve the growing customer base. FairWarning® now serves customers representing over 6,500 healthcare facilities.
Company Results and New Customer Investments
- 105% growth in new customer bookings for Q1 2014 compared to Q1 2013
- Record total bookings for Q4 2013, 26% above any previous quarter
- Revenue growth is powered by the launch of Software-as-a-Service and Managed Services offerings aimed at providing healthcare providers rapid, comprehensive and affordable patient privacy monitoring
- Newly launched offerings accounted for 51% of new customer bookings in previous six months
- In January 2014, FairWarning® was recognized as #1 for Patient Privacy Monitoring, Category Leader by KLAS Research, the foremost analyst firm in the industry
- In February 2014, FairWarning® announced the winners of the inaugural Privacy Excellence Awards, the first of program of its kind in the healthcare industry
- In Q1 2014, the Norwegian Health Directorate became FairWarning®’s 200th enterprise production customer, securing patient privacy for Norway’s country-wide Summary Care Record (SCR). FairWarning® now serves health information exchanges across the U.S. and around the world
- There are now nearly 200 FairWarning® Ready Certified Professionals. Since the program was introduced in 2012, every classroom training session has been sold out
- To accommodate demand for product training, FairWarning® launched an on-line training program for its customers
- FairWarning® now serves 6,500 healthcare facilities across the United States and around the world, representing 1,250 hospitals and 5,250 clinics
- At year-end 2013, FairWarning® announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office awarded a key patent to the company, further, there is a pipeline of U.S. and international patents pending
- FairWarning® expects to launch additional new products in 2014, beginning with a patent-pending offering in Identity Intelligence, the first offering of its kind to dynamically improve user access controls for electronic health records and healthcare applications
Career Investment in FairWarning® Team Members
To further growth and support customers, FairWarning® continues to hire top talent and has invested aggressively in team member training and state-of-the-art facilities:
- In mid-April 2014, FairWarning® will complete an additional 13,500 square feet of new office space for software development and managed services customer teams. In addition to state-of- the-art work spaces, the new office space includes modern training facilities, wired collaboration rooms as well as a professional development and entrepreneurial library
- In April 2013, FairWarning® was awarded a “Top Workplace in Tampa Bay” presented by the Tampa Bay Times
- To promote team member career growth and development, FairWarning® has launched an internal program “Movers and Shakers” aimed at recognizing and rewarding employees for overall contribution and professional growth
- Between January 2012 and April 2014, FairWarning® hired over 50 new team members in the areas of software development, cloud services support, product marketing and sales
- FairWarning® plans to hire at least 50 new team members over the next 18 months. Interested parties can apply for career opportunities on LinkedIn
FairWarning® continues to generously invest in the Florida educational system and community:
- On March 19th, 2014, FairWarning® announced the second winner of Next Generation Entrepreneurs (NGE), Universal Soldering Attachments. NGE is a program aimed at providing high school students access to entrepreneurial training and mentoring not available through traditional classroom settings. FairWarning® operates NGE in collaboration with the Pinellas Education Foundation and awards $10,000 annually to the winning team with the proceeds to be used for starting the winning business
- In March 2014, as part of a technology licensing agreement with the University of Florida, FairWarning contributed $25,000 to the University’s Licensing and Technology Department
- In 2013 FairWarning® matched employee contributions to Red Cross for relief efforts, total donations to Red Cross have exceeded $8,000
- FairWarning® has built its business with top graduates from Florida’s best universities and colleges including the University of South Florida, University of Florida, Florida State University, University of Miami, University of Central Florida, University of North Florida, the Florida Institute of Technology, Flagler College and St. Petersburg College
- All software and engineering personnel are located at the FairWarning®‘s headquarters in Clearwater,
Funding for FairWarning®’s growth has come exclusively from organic cash-flow empowered by innovation, patented technology and intense focus on customer value creation. FairWarning® has been profitable every year since 2008 enabling the above investments without state or Federal job creation grants or institutional investment.
To learn more about FairWarning®, pursue a career or become a follower, visit the social media properties:
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/FairWarning-Inc
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FairWarningInc
- Twitter https://twitter.com/FairWarningInc
- Web Site https://www.fairwarning.com
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning®’s mission is to lead the industry expansion of trust in Electronic Health Records empowering care providers to grow their reputation for protecting confidentiality, scale their digital health initiatives and comply with complex Federal and state privacy laws such as HIPAA. By partnering with FairWarning, care providers are able to direct their focus on delivering the best patient outcomes possible while receiving expert, sustainable and affordable privacy and compliance solutions. Customers consider FairWarning® privacy auditing solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, UK and EU Data Protection, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning® visit https://www.fairwarning.com or email Soultions@FairWarning.com.
1 2013 Best in KLAS: Software & Services report, January, 2014. © 2014 KLAS Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. www.KLASresearch.com