FairWarning collaborates with customers and EHR vendors to deliver standards, technology platform, and certifications designed to make wide-scale privacy auditing feasible and affordable.
SAINT PETERSBURG, Fla. – November 3rd, 2011 – FairWarning Inc., the inventor and world’s leading supplier of solutions which monitor and protect patient privacy in Electronic Health Records (EHRs), today announced the introduction of FairWarning® Ready for Healthcare Applications.
FairWarning® Ready for Healthcare Applications is a comprehensive program designed to dramatically reduce the time and expense required to implement patient privacy auditing across EHRs and other healthcare applications. In the United States, the pending HIPAA Accounting of Disclosure rule along with existing HIPAA Security and ARRA HITECH provisions, are creating mounting regulatory pressure on care providers, Electronic Health Record vendors and the industry to comprehensively report on access to electronic patient information. Both the current and proposed HIPAA Accounting of Disclosure requirements present a host of obstacles for care providers, including limited audit log capabilities, costly service fees to EHR vendors, and inadequate centralized audit log management.
Similar regulatory requirements and obstacles are developing across most countries.
According to Barry Runyon, Research VP at Gartner, “In order to systematically and cost-effectively respond to industry privacy and security mandates, such as those set forth in HIPAA and HITECH and more recently the proposed Accounting of Disclosures rule, healthcare delivery organizations and vendors will need to work more closely than ever to share the information necessary to control the complexity presented by regulatory challenges.”
FairWarning® Ready for Healthcare Applications is based on work with the company’s customers representing over 700 hospitals and 2,200 clinics, and leverages FairWarning®’s production support for over 145 different applications. The newly announced program provides a comprehensive, practical blueprint for implementing affordable and wide-scale privacy auditing for care providers and other organizations seeking strategies for regulatory compliance and ensuring patient privacy. The program includes:
- FairWarning® Data Definition Guide 2.0 Immediate availability of version 2.0 of the open copyright FairWarning® Data Definition Guide which was originally released in May 2010 and is now in use with many leading EHR and healthcare application vendors as well as FairWarning®’s customer base. The FairWarning® Data Definition Guide is used by EHR and healthcare application vendors to certify the content, consistency and availability of their privacy auditing data.
- Data Certifications for Electronic Health Record and Healthcare Application Vendors Introduction of a formal multi-level certification and testing program for Electronic Health Record and healthcare application vendors based on the FairWarning® Data Definition Guide which ensures consistently implemented best practices for the production and use of patient privacy audit data.
- General Availability of FairWarning® 9.5 The General Availability of FairWarning® 2.9.5 appliance-based privacy auditing solution which provides customers with the ability to instantly report and analyze privacy auditing data from certified vendors, production supported applications as well as internally developed applications. FairWarning® 2.9.5 uses the Data Definition Guide 2.0 for privacy data templates while still providing customers the flexibility to customize their deployment based on their specific data requirements.
- Professional Certification Programs Formal training and certification programs for end-users, resellers and systems integrators. The classes are designed to certify privacy, information security and implementation professionals on the FairWarning® programs and technology platform.
- New FairWarning® Pricing Model Introduction of a new FairWarning® customer pricing model based upon the FairWarning® Ready program and product release which enables affordable wide-scale privacy auditing across healthcare applications of all
“We are committed to accelerating FairWarning® customers in meeting regulatory compliance challenges they face today as well as those that are on the horizon. By collaborating with EHR and healthcare application vendors, we are able to deliver consistent and better privacy data for FairWarning®’s customers,” says Kurt Long, CEO of FairWarning®. “Furthermore, by collaborating with our customers to deliver formal certifications, we are breaking down knowledge barriers that could otherwise slow down privacy initiatives and the adoption of Electronic Health Records.”
To learn more about FairWarning® 2.9.5 and FairWarning® Ready for Healthcare Applications, attend an upcoming webinar or immediately view the video below.
Webinar: “Strategies for Accounting of Disclosure Access Reports and Enforcement Update” Date: Thursday November 17th, 2011 – 11:00 AM Pacific / 2:00 PM Eastern
Click here to register or copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://fairwarningevents.webex.com/ec0605ld/eventcenter/enroll/register.do?formId=0&formType=0&loa dFlag=1&siteurl=fairwarningevents&confId=280070985
FairWarning® Ready for Healthcare Applications Video
FairWarning® 2.9.5 Video
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® is the inventor and global leader in appliance-based software solutions which monitor and protect patient privacy in electronic health records enabling healthcare providers and health information exchanges to confidentially connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates. FairWarning®’s turn-key privacy auditing solutions are compatible with healthcare applications from every major vendor including Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens, and many others. Customers consider FairWarning® privacy auditing solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, EU Data Protection, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning® visit www.fairwarning.com or email Solutions@FairWarning.com.