FairWarning announced today that based on its financial results through September, 2007, the company expects to finish 2007 with 200 percent revenue growth. FairWarning has now acquired major healthcare customers in every region of the United States. FairWarning’s customers include some of the nation’s largest and most prominent healthcare organizations.
“FairWarning is committed to providing healthcare providers with best-of-class, proactive privacy auditing solutions at an affordable value. Our revenue growth, customer focus, and the fact that we are on track for cash flow positive operations in 2007, gives our customers a partner they can rely on for years to come”, said Kurt Long, CEO and founder of FairWarning.
Healthcare providers making strides in electronic health record adoption have recognized that the protection of patient privacy, regulatory compliance, and a forensically secure environment are essential components of minimizing patient risks and legal liabilities. A number of other pressures are also driving the adoption of FairWarning:
- approximately forty (40) states have passed identity theft laws which are applicable to healthcare providers and may result in penalties and disclosures in the case of a security breach
- the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced its intention to increase HIPAA enforcement with the first unannounced audit taking place at Piedmont Hospital
- the HHS delegated to the Office of Civil Rights authority to issue subpoenas in civil privacy investigations
- highly visible privacy incidents have resulted in an increasing number of healthcare providers publicly announcing they are now aggressively monitoring for patient privacy violations committed by their own employees
- leading healthcare providers are voluntarily holding themselves to Sarbanes Oxley information technology control provisions
During 2007, FairWarning has established itself as a thought-leader on proactive privacy monitoring in healthcare. The company has authored articles and served as an expert resource on issues including privacy, security, medical identity theft and electronic health records. The company has been recognized in every major industry publication including: Health Data Management, Healthcare IT News, Government IT Healthcare, Most Wired, Advance for Healthcare Information Professionals, Compliance Solutions, the Privacy Association, Oncology Today, Radiology Today.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning is a leader in solutions that help healthcare organizations increase their security responsiveness, identify insider security incidents, automate compliance and reduce associated costs. The company is privately held and is located in St. Petersburg, Florida. To learn more about FairWarning, Inc., visit the company website at www.FairWarningAudit.com or call the company at 1-866-602-8433 (U.S. Toll Free) or 727-576-6700 (International).