FairWarning 3.1 Patient Privacy Monitoring provides Epic users best practices, technology and processes for compliance and better patient care outcomes.
CLEARWATER, FL – September 10, 2012 – FairWarning, Inc., the inventor and world’s leading supplier of Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions for electronic health records (EHRs), today announced that it has been invited to participate in the Epic’s 2012 Users’ Group Meeting (UGM), “Rock It”, September 10-13, 2012 in Verona, WI, the annual meeting of Epic users. FairWarning® will be at booth #310.
UGM is a “cool mix of collaboration, networking and learning”, providing Epic users an opportunity to hear the latest from Epic on Meaningful Use compliance, new features being developed and future innovations.
At the UGM, Epic users will have the opportunity to learn how FairWarning® 3.1 Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions help them meet regulatory compliance, implement best practices and improve patient care outcomes, and to schedule a tailored, 30-minute demonstration of how FairWarning® 3.1 enables patient privacy monitoring activities specifically for Epic users. By securing patient privacy, care providers and compliance professionals:
- protect their organizations’ reputations
- earn their patients’ trust and loyalty, ensuring the best care outcomes
- continue the uninterrupted growth of their Electronic Health Records
- confidently connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates
- protect against identity theft, fraud and other crimes that compromise patient confidentiality, and
- comply with privacy regulations and protect against legal action
In particular, FairWarning®‘s 3.1 Patient Privacy Monitoring provides Epic users the ability to:
- create proactive alerts and reports for scenarios such as VIP, employee as patient and family member snooping, filtering unwanted data for investigative expediency
- integrate authoritative user data from Human Resource systems and create reports and alerts by specifics such as floor or campus location, role, department and supervisor as well as next of kin, home address and family members
- centrally track and share all privacy investigations, including those related to misuse of access to EHRs as well as other investigations such as stolen laptops, paper records or misplaced USB drives, and add attachments and external evidence
- easily extract data from Epic applications for healthcare, which are in the FairWarning® Ready for Healthcare Applications program, a comprehensive industry initiative designed to reduce the cost of regulatory privacy compliance by standardizing data handling for patient privacy auditing across an unprecedented range of healthcare applications
“FairWarning® is very pleased to be a part of Epic’s 2012 Users’ Group Meeting, and to support Epic
users with FairWarning®’s 3.1 Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions. Through our work with Epic customers, we are able help our customers put in place patient privacy monitoring as a fundamental business control, both as a way to increase patient confidence and to meet compliance with mounting healthcare privacy and security regulations,” said Shane Whitlatch, Executive Vice President Global Alliances and Sales Operations for FairWarning®.
FairWarning® Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions provide care providers of all sizes a comprehensive platform for performing access reports, enforcing access policies, conducting legal investigations, and improving compliance effectiveness. FairWarning®’s 3rd generation Patient Privacy Monitoring platform was developed in cooperation with customers representing 900 hospitals and 3,000 clinics and enables collaboration towards a culture of privacy and security.
For more about FairWarning® Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions, please visit www.fairwarning.com.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® invented and is the global leader in Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions which guard against abuse of patient information in Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) enabling care providers to confidently connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates. FairWarning® Patient Privacy Monitoring solutions are compatible with every major EHR and 185 applications used in healthcare including Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens, and many others. Customers consider FairWarning® solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, EU Data Protection, UK Freedom of Information Act, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, Massachusetts 201 CMR 17.00 and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning®, please visit https://www.fairwarning.com/ or email Solutions@FairWarning.com.