FairWarning is seeking a highly talented and experienced professional for the role of Director of Customer Success. The need for this role is driven by growth across all lines of business. This team member will have overall responsibility for the success of the FairWarning customer base and initiatives globally across all of our product offerings. This team member will be required to grow and scale an already proven team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs). The CSMs are responsible for renewals, growing our net promoter score, introducing and driving adoption of new offerings, as well as assisting in the growth and execution of User Groups and Customer Executive Councils.
The successful Director of Customer Success will possess outstanding communication skills and emotional intelligence including the ability to understand our customer personas and grow effective relationships with them. More information about the scope of customers and responsibilities are below:
- Global customer base across the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Scotland, Norway, and Canada. FairWarning® expects continued global growth.
- Customers in healthcare, financial services, FinTech, business services, banking and other industries.
- Approximately 40% of major US-based healthcare systems with major customers across the largest and most complex care providers.
- 96% customer retention rate over the last 36-months.
- 55% year-over-year revenue growth from existing customer base.
- 106% year-over-year growth of Managed Privacy Service offering with existing customer base
- Greater than 100 % growth of cloud security offering with overall AppExchange rating of 5.0, with 19 Consecutive 5-Star Reviews.
- FairWarning has been voted a Top Workplace for six (6) consecutive years.
Description of Role
As the Director of Customer Success, you will lead the team responsible for ensuring our customers maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction. The Customer Success Team builds the long-term strategic relationship that ensures customers realize, and are getting, the maximum value from their investment with FairWarning. On a daily basis, the Director of Customer Success can expect:
- Lead, hire and develop a team of Customer Success Mangers that will ensure customer engagement, a positive Net Promoter Score, and minimal churn
- Directly form strong relationships with key customers and ensure they are receiving world-class service and getting the most value possible from our product
- Track overall customer and market trends to help develop creative solutions or strategies with other internal departments
- Summarize product feedback gathered from Customer Success Mangers and act as an advocate for our customers within FairWarning
- Develop personal credibility with key customer stakeholders by understanding their organization and assisting in their success
- Coordinate between team members and help with setting priorities, to ensure that everyone is communicating openly, all while fostering a positive team culture
- Develop a deep understanding of our software, becoming an expert user and learning its inner workings
- Develop team members careers effectively so they can become equipped to grow within the organization
- Design and implement best practices for building long-term strategic relationships with our customers
- Ensure all customers have clearly defined success plans and are receiving the best value possible from the FairWarning product
- Identify potential issues and risks in the customer lifecycle and develop strategies and contingency plans for resolution
- Influence future lifetime value through high product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall survey scores
- Understand our customers’ job responsibilities, business, and industry to best position FairWarning to support their business goals and become an irreplaceable solution
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Successful candidates have documented successful experience in the following:
- 10+ years of customer success experience with a proven track record of servicing and selling SaaS products
- Experience in servicing major customer base of global scale
- 5+ years’ management experience
- Background in detailed business processes or sales engineering
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies, including senior level executives
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and communications skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Strong understanding of business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications
- Experience with cloud-based/SaaS solution offerings
- Experience in people management and development; demonstrated leadership through accountability, continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrated experience working with high profile, strategic customers within the healthcare market
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented individual who also has the ability to think and plan strategically
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to navigate across the organization to solve problems
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
The Director of Customer Success loves people and has a knack for solving problems. The ideal candidate is passionate about making customers happy and continuously focuses on ensuring customers are receiving the most value possible from their investment. They are an effective coach and mentor and have the ability to grow others and help them align their goals with the goals and success of FairWarning. A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Excellent Communicator. The ideal candidate will use strong communication and negotiation skills to gather a deep understanding of the customer needs and position. You will have to be able to effectively communicate FairWarning’s value at all levels. Strong communication skills will be needed to gather a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and position.
- Team Player. The Director of Customer Success will need to work cross departmentally and serve as the voice of the customer. They will need to work with the rest of the team towards the one common goal of ensuring the customer is successful. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated their ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Team Leader. The ideal candidate will strive to be a positive mentor, coach, and role model to their team members, playing an active role in developing their growth. They will coach and lead the Customer Success team to greater productivity and support of FairWarning’s strategic objectives and ensure their team receives training as needed to be successful and grow within their roles and beyond. They will have the ability to unite and inspire a team to achieve a common set of goals.
- Customer-Centric. A successful candidate focuses on making the customer successful by listening and discovering their business goals, proactively identify and resolve challenges, and promoting FairWarning’s solutions and services throughout the entire relationship they have with the customer
- Problem Solver. The successful candidate will have a track record within a high growth software company with the demonstrated ability to collaborate and generate significant value through problem solving. They will have an ongoing desire to be innovative and bring new ideals to the table in order to continue improving the way FairWarning serves our customers.
- Technically Savvy. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of SaaS sales, respective terminology, and how technology-minded people think. They will be able to level up to the bigger picture and talk architecture and solutions as well as overall business goals.
Additional Information about FairWarning and the Opportunity
- FairWarning has a proven track record of developing, selling and servicing patented, market-leading product and service offerings
- Proven, stable and profitable for 10 consecutive years
- Successfully executing on unique & differentiated vision of radically simplifying cloud security
- Multiple patents and trademarks on FairWarning product technology
- Multi-billion-dollar growth market for FairWarning’s cloud security offering
- $60 million growth investment from Mainsail Partners is causing exponential growth and opportunity