FairWarning® is currently seeking an Information Security Analyst who will be a high-level technical expert in the security domain and will work closely with the BSO, CISO, and Information Technology (IT) Management and staff to set and monitor security standards, best practices, and systems necessary to ensure the protection and confidentiality of informational assets. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of a fast-paced, growing global team with a commitment to excellence and customer success.
Description of Role
The Information Security Analyst will assist in performing overall risk assessments of the organization that will meet the requirements of compliance standards and frameworks such as the HIPAA Security Rule, ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, and HITRUST. The risk assessments identify opportunities to enhance FairWarning’s security posture and secure the business. On a day-to-day, this team member can except the following:
- Proactively investigate security alerts produced by various security solutions, including verification, containment and root cause analysis, remediation, and reporting.
- Monitor firewalls, data encryption and other security measures.
- Participate in risk assessments of business and IT initiatives to ensure IT security policies, standards, guidelines and best practices are considered and implemented.
- Assist with creating, testing and implementing network disaster recovery plans and recommend security enhancements and purchases when necessary.
- Assist with the training of staff on network and information security procedures. Help coordinate and conduct user training.
- Research and stay informed of potential information security threats, industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in order to recommend improvements to information security policies, procedures, practices, and guidelines.
- Participate in incident response activities including planning, investigation, and post-incident reporting.
- Collaborate on critical technology projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
Background and Desired Skills
- 4-year college degree in IT with a minimum of 2 years of related security experience.
- Or an Associate’s Degree in IT with a minimum of 4 years of related security experience.
- Knowledge of Endpoint security, SIEM, perimeter security, behavioral analysis tools, network and system forensics tools.
- Experience with basic security principles such as confidentiality, authentication, access control and privacy; security vulnerabilities; physical security issues; protocol design flaws; malicious code; implementation flaws; configuration weaknesses and user errors or indifference.
- Experience with vulnerability management.
- Demonstration of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Strong attention to detail and a high sense of accuracy
- Understanding of and the ability to use hacker tools is preferred.
One or more of the following certifications or willingness to obtain within 12 months of hire
- CompTIA Security +
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- GIAC Certifications in Cyber Defense or Incident Response and Forensics
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Great Listener. A successful candidate actively listens to customers through daily communication to collect feedback about their experience, usage, and solution ideas
- Team Player. A successful candidate will develop excellent working relationships with Solution Specialists, Implementation Managers, and other FairWarning team members to ensure a superior onboarding and ongoing experience for customers to achieve their program goals and optimize their investments with FairWarning
- Problem Solver. A successful candidate can quickly and clearly identify issues impacting the value customers are experiencing from their solution and determine the next steps to resolve it.
- Communication. A successful candidate can speak and write professionally to be clearly understood and positively influence team members to assist the customer
- Customer-Centric. A successful candidate focuses on making their customers successful by listening and discovering their business goals, proactively identify and resolve challenges, and promoting FairWarning’s solutions and services throughout the entire relationship they have with the customer
Additional Information About FairWarning and the Opportunity
- FairWarning has a proven track record of developing, selling and servicing patented, market-leading product and service offerings
- FairWarning has been voted a Top Workplace for six (6) consecutive years
- Proven, stable and profitable for ten consecutive years
- Successfully executing on unique & differentiated vision of radically simplifying cloud security
- Multiple patents and trademarks on FairWarning product technology
- Multi-billion dollar growth market for FairWarning’s cloud security offering