Your Unlimited Career Growth Opportunity
FairWarning strives to protect the health, wealth and personal information for everyone on earth. Are you excited about the opportunity to grow, learn and contribute to a leading global software company in Cloud Security? Are you adventurous and innovative with a true passion for solving world class challenges? FairWarning provides an environment that is collaborative, open, demanding and exciting for those who want to push their limits. Join our Information Technology team as an Information Security Analyst and start your adventure today.
Vision for the Role:
The Information Security Analyst is a high-level technical expert in the security domain and will work with the BISO, Information Security Engineer, and Information Technology (IT) management and staff to set and monitor security standards, best practices, and systems necessary to ensure the protection and confidentiality of informational assets. The Information Security Analyst will assist in performing overall risk assessments of the organization that will meet the requirements of governance standards and frameworks such as the HIPAA Security Rule, ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, and GDPR. The risk assessments identify opportunities to enhance FairWarning’s security posture and secure the business. There are additional support tasks surrounding Threat Management, and Identity and Access Management.
- Proactively investigate security alerts produced by various security solutions, including verification, containment and root cause analysis, remediation, and reporting.
- Monitor firewalls, data encryption and other security mechanisms.
- Participate in risk assessments of business and IT initiatives to ensure IT security policies, standards, guidelines and best practices are considered and implemented.
- Assist with creating, testing and implementing network disaster recovery plans and recommend security enhancements and purchases when necessary.
- Assist with creating relevant content for Security Awareness training for staff on network and information security procedures. Conduct user training.
- Research and stay informed of potential information security threats, industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in order to recommend improvements to information security policies, procedures, practices, and guidelines.
- Participate in incident response activities including planning, investigation, and post-incident reporting.
- Collaborate on critical technology projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
Skills & Experience:
- 4-year college degree in IT with a minimum of 2 years of related security experience.
- Or an Associate’s Degree in IT with a minimum of 4 years of related security experience.
- Knowledge of Endpoint security, SIEM, perimeter security, behavioral analysis tools, network and system forensics tools.
- Experience with basic security principles such as confidentiality, authentication, access control and privacy; security vulnerabilities; physical security issues; protocol design flaws; malicious code; implementation flaws; configuration weaknesses and user errors or indifference.
- Experience with vulnerability management and incident response.
- Demonstration of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Strong attention to detail and a high sense of
- Understanding of and the ability to use security tools and practices is preferred.
One or more of the following certifications or willingness to obtain within 12 months of hire
- CompTIA Security + – Required
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- GIAC Certifications in Cyber Defense or Incident Response and Forensics