SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Security Engineer is an expert who is passionate about security and growing as a professional, and specializes in security information systems. This position is responsible for technical expertise in securing enterprise software and systems. Good interpersonal communication is required as candidate will be partnering with IT and business units to conduct security and risk assessments, address findings, and implement best practices to improve and secure the FairWarning application and supporting infrastructure.
- Implementing Firewall/IDS/IPS/VPN changes and identifying inefficiencies in current configuration
- Monitoring, administering and tuning central logging
- Identifying and correlating anomalous activity
- Management and administration of AV and EDR
- Developing test and rollback plans for implementations
- Managing privileged user access and 2FA
- Management and remediation of vulnerabilities
- Supporting Incident Response functions
- Designing security systems and configurations based on business requirements
- Performing console reviews for security based on CIS standards
- Drafting security findings, documenting, and coordinating change management for the functions outlined above
- Providing security education and insight to IT team members
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of industry-related experience in security and/or information technology, including 2+ year of experience in network monitoring with tools like Nagios, Wireshark, Snort, Netflow, etc.
- Intermediate experience with Linux, Networking, and Virtualization
- CISSP, CEHv10, Security+, CCNA Cyber Ops, or equivalent certification
- Experience or notable familiarity with security requirements for NIST, HIPPA, SOC 2, ISO 27001, or GDPR
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Problem-Solving and troubleshooting skills
- High sense of urgency and organization; ability to take ownership of projects
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills are imperative!