FairWarning is hiring a Senior Healthcare Privacy Specialist to provide compliance and privacy support to our customers. You will serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of privacy and compliance and will advise internal team members on aspects of HIPAA and other privacy regulations. As a Member of the Managed Privacy Services team, the Senior Healthcare Privacy Specialist ensures that all Managed Services customers are positions to sustain a proactive monitoring program prior to monitoring. Here’s more about the offering and our team:
- 40% of the US-based healthcare market with the largest and most complex care providers, including 38% of academic medical centers, 50% of Becker’s Top 54 largest health systems, and 53% of Most Wired health systems
- 96% customer retention rate over the last 36-months
- 55% year-over-year revenue growth from existing customer base
- Organization and promotion of customer events including User Groups, educational webinars, and sponsored industry events
- Managed Privacy Services has over 400% growth in the last 3 years
- Overall Customer Rating of an ‘A’
- FairWarning has been voted a Top Workplace for six (6) consecutive years
Description of the Role
The Senior Healthcare Privacy Specialist works independently with minimal supervision to direct compliance efforts surrounding Privacy and Security requirements to the FairWarning Community. The Senior Healthcare Privacy Specialist must have extensive knowledge on regulatory controls, policies and procedures that can be utilized to leverage both the FairWarning customers as well as the business to support strategic growth. Some of the primary responsibilities of the Privacy Specialist are:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive monitoring program for all Managed Services Customers
- Manage all activities related to the development, implementation, and maintenance for onboarding Managed Services customers
- Provide overall direction, internally, through the strategic development and execution of a privacy and security program in support of the mission and strategic goals of FairWarning
- Collaborates with Security Committee to investigate and resolve potential violations of law, regulations and policies/procedures implemented by FairWarning
- Develop effective communication and training programs related to the FairWarning product, industry awareness and regulatory compliance for internal staff and the customer community
- Responsible for maintaining project deadlines
- Request Policies relating to specific HIPAA protocols from customers
- Conduct policy reviews with customers on-boarding to MPS
- Provide feedback on policies and procedures to leverage customer against OCR regulations
- Collaborate with customer to establish a best practice workflow with the Managed Privacy Services Team
- Customize Education materials for customer for them to be able to train entire staff
Successful candidates have the following background:
- 5+ years of experience advising on healthcare compliance, privacy and security related matters
- Thorough knowledge of and experience interpreting and implementing HIPAA and HITECH regulations
- Demonstrated project management, organizational, facilitation, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience in developing strong relationships and able to lead others in initiatives aimed at strengthening the organization’s business goals
- Proficient with clinical applications, Microsoft Office, and Salesforce applications
- Bachelor degree in business management, healthcare
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
The Senior Healthcare Privacy Specialist will work with not only external customers but will also provide knowledge and guidance to internal team members. They will have extreme attention to detail, superior customer success skills, and be willing to take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment. Characteristics of a successful candidate are:
- Great Communicator: The ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate with a large range of people. They should be able to foster an open dialogue of trust and constructive feedback.
- Problem Solver: The successful candidate will not only be comfortable assisting customers with problems that arise but also assisting internal team members during implementation, trials, demos, etc. They will be able to apply technical and business acumen to new challenges and create innovative solutions to arising challenges.
- Team Player: A successful candidate will develop excellent working relationships with Privacy Analysts, Platform Specialists, Training Managers, and other internal team members to assist our customers with their goals surrounding their security and privacy programs. They should have excellent teamwork and social skills in order to collaborate internally.
- Customer Centric: The Successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills that include relationship building, establishing trust through industry expertise, prior experience, problem solving, follow-up and follow-through, attention to detail, and positivity.
- Self-Starter: The ideal candidate will be able to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate past experience with being a self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to solve a problem.
Additional Information about FairWarning and the Opportunity
- FairWarning has a proven track record of developing, selling and servicing patented, market-leading product and service offerings
- Proven, stable and profitable for 10 consecutive years
- Successfully executing on unique & differentiated vision of radically simplifying cloud security
- Multiple patents and trademarks on FairWarning product technology
- Multi-billion dollar growth market for FairWarning’s cloud security offering