FairWarning is THE place to be! We are experiencing exponential growth and opportunity and we are looking to expand our team. If you are ready to be a part of an industry leading company, with a proven track record of developing, selling and servicing patented, market-leading product and service offerings where you can see the direct impact of your contribution (FairWarning catches people stealing your data), apply today to join our awesome team and come grow with us!
Our team is driven and works hard. We enjoy our work, feel passionate about it and see it as an opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. This is one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as one of Tampa Bay’s top workplace for the past 6 consecutive years!
What you will do:
In this role, you will be able to make major contributions to the product platform. Responsibilities include providing hands-on software development, participation in design and code reviews, mentoring members of the product team, and documentation of designs and implementation of methodologies to ensure high quality products. Additionally, this role will improve our customer support and deployment model through software improvements.
A day in the Life:
- Development Team member of Agile Scrum Team
- Attend Daily Scrum, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, and End of Cycle meetings
- Provide hands-on software development of a Java EE application built using Spring frameworks, JPA, Hibernate, JSF, and JSP running in Apache Tomcat
- Mentor members of the product team
- Track all tasks, estimates, and hours logged in JIRA
- Contribute to design and code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of methodologies to ensure high quality deployments.
- Contribute to the system architecture, design, and development of the JavaEE Application
- Contribute to Continuous Integration Testing development environment by designing, coding and unit testing
- Work independently on and in collaboration with customers to provide solutions that address their needs
- Support production customers on as needed basis
What you will need to get through the door:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in software development or product development environment with a successful coding and development track record
- Strong Java technical capabilities including working with front end technologies such as JSPs and back end technologies and frameworks such as JSF, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, REST, and OAuth
- Experience with Test Driven development
- Strong database skills including data modeling, SQL. Experience with Oracle MySQL preferred.
- Ability to work in team-based setting with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related degree.
You might also have:
- Experience with Machine Learning such as Scala, Python, R, Spark ML, Pandas, or TensorFlow
- Experience with Kafka, Spark or any Lambda architectures
- Experience with Linux/UNIX operating system and shell scripting (Perl, Bash, Korn)
- Data privacy knowledge; Health care EHR systems; Information Security.
- Database administration, configuration, performance tuning. Experience with Oracle MySQL preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Experience with AWS micro services