FairWarning® is looking for a highly experienced technical professional with deep experience in IT infrastructure. This senior team member will be responsible for supporting our growing private cloud environment including servers, network, storage, and firewalls. A great fit will be an individual with strong organizational skills, great communication abilities, and a high sense of urgency
Description of Role
In this role you will be able to make valuable contributions to the FairWarning IT team
- Great Listener. A successful candidate actively listens to customers through daily communication to collect feedback about their experience, usage, and solution ideas
- Team Player. A successful candidate will develop excellent working relationships with Solution Specialists, Implementation Managers, and other FairWarning team members to ensure a superior onboarding and ongoing experience for customers to achieve their program goals and optimize their investments with FairWarning
- Problem Solver. A successful candidate can quickly and clearly identify issues impacting the value customers are experiencing from their solution and determine the next steps to resolve it.
- Communication. A successful candidate can speak and write professionally to be clearly understood and positively influence team members to assist the customer
- Customer-Centric. A successful candidate focuses on making their customers successful by listening and discovering their business goals, proactively identify and resolve challenges, and promoting FairWarning’s solutions and services throughout the entire relationship they have with the customer
Background and Desired Skills
- Senior level experience with VMware vSphere products (vCenter, ESXi, DRS, HA, Distributed Switching, Operations Manager, shared storage, etc.)
- Experience managing multi-site cloud environments (production, DR, offsite, etc.)
- Experience with automating cloud administration (VMware Orchestrator). Scripting skills desired.
- Strong Fibre Channel SAN experience, specifically administration, capacity management, thin disks, snapshots and replication.
- High level skills around capacity and performance management. Ability to troubleshoot performance problems (CPU, memory, disk, network, etc.) and implement a plan to resolve.
- Intermediate to advanced Linux server administration skills.
- Experience with Windows & Linux storage management. This includes Linux LVM, RAID and working with various SANs (iSCSI and FC), NFS/CIFS shares, DAS units, and local storage.
- Firewall management experience. Strong skills in managing ACLs, NATs, and VPNs (IPSEC).
- Solid networking skills. Specifically routing, switching, VLANs, IP subnetting, etc. Experience with Cisco products is a bonus. Knowledge of creating logical separation of environments desired.
- Experience managing remote physical server hardware over VPN connectivity. This includes out of band management experience.
- Experience working in a data center environment. Key skills include rack and cable management, power calculations, vendor management, adding/removing resources, etc.
- Skills involved in configuring and managing monitoring / logging; this includes SNMP, NetFlow, vSphere alerting, syslog, etc.
- Intermediate Windows environment skills. Specifically, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and PKI.
- Public cloud administration experience a bonus.
- 4-year degree in related discipline desired
- 10+ years of progressive IT Infrastructure experience
- VMware Certified Professional; Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Professional (CCNP)
- Linux Certification
- AWS Certification
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Project management abilities required.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- High level of time management skills. Always on time professional.
- Great communication (writing and speaking).
- Ability to troubleshoot to root cause and resolve (Root Cause Analysis).
- Strong documentation skills. Must have the desire to document and pass on knowledge to others. Ability to diagram desired (Visio).
- Willingness to create and follow processes.
- Case management experience. Working and managing a case load.
- Knows the importance of Change Control; Change Control advocate.
- Security mindset. We are a security company; always act with security in mind.
- Leadership skills. Ability to lead and teach others.
- Experience working in audited environments.
- Ability to understand business problems and build business friendly products and solutions
- Outstanding listening and discovery skills
- Committed to being an active team member who is committed to personal and professional development by participating in formal technical training, product training, cloud security training, and leadership training
- Both team player who buys into FairWarning Values and the “FairWarning Way”, as well as individual contributor
Additional Information About FairWarning and the Opportunity
- FairWarning has a proven track record of developing, selling and servicing patented, market-leading product and service offerings
- FairWarning has been voted a Top Workplace for six (6) consecutive years
- Proven, stable and profitable for ten consecutive years
- Successfully executing on unique & differentiated vision of radically simplifying cloud security
- Multiple patents and trademarks on FairWarning product technology
- Multi-billion dollar growth market for FairWarning’s cloud security offering